Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Gluten Free Pre-Workout Oatmeal

As of late I have become very obsessed with my health. I am going to the gym, waking up and exercising, eating right and generally taking much better care of myself. Recently I decided to start taking protein powder and was about to but a pre-workout supplement. I started looking online and found that a lot of pre-workouts are full of random chemicals that may not help me in this stage of life. As such I started looking into nutrient rich food and came up with this little recipe for a pre-workout oatmeal!

Ingredients:
Directions:
  1. Combine water and oats in a pot, bring to a boil. Stir until oats are cooked.
  2. Transfer oats to a small bowl.
  3. Mix in honey, peanut butter and whey protein powder.
  4. Place the banana slices on top
Notes:
  • If you look closely I use Stone Age Oats, this is because they are gluten free and packed with fiber and protein.
  • When I eat this, the massive amount of protein powder makes me bloated. To avoid this, try using half the amount of protein powder in the oatmeal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment